- To create and maintain a sustainable community garden on environmentally aware principles.
- To conduct habitat protection and Creek Rehabilitation at Toowong Creek.
- To provide an opportunity for school and community interaction through the Science, Maths and Technology Academy.
- To foster inter-generational and inter-cultural relationships in the local community.
- To provide the opportunity for marginalised community members to participate in community activities.
- To revitalise existing knowledge about gardening and native bush regeneration within the inner city suburbs.
- To provide a link with the garden's historical roots as a Chinese market Garden and its Indigenous heritage.